Pressing Forward

Author: Theresa /

Right. my holidays just ended, and now is time to get back to track.. get myself back on reality. My heart was really really troubled when i know that i'm gonna get back to college life again. Not the assignments and the people, but the fact that i'm gonna have to take up alot more responsibility. There's alot of things to plan, alot of things to deal with. The night before monday, i was thinking alot bout this. The main thing that pulling me back from going back to college is the responsibility that i have to bare as a president and also as a Christian. Well ya...

Being a president is never easy. There's alot of things that i have to think of. Have to run alot of functions too. Anything that have to do with the college.. i have to get involve, no matter is good or bad. So i've been really doing alot of thinking lately. And no one will understand but only God. So, only God knows la..haa.. well..a new semester means something new is comin on my way.. It's good you know.. but it alil hard when you know there's this responsibility to take up. I told God, i'm not gonna turn away and turn back. We've go this far..and i wanna keep pressing myself forward for God. See, God is the reason i'm in where i am today. He's the reason that i join this college at the very first time. He gave me a sensitive heart for people around me, so that i may understand their situation and bless and help them. He gives me a loving heart to love people around me. Yes all of them, God is love. Everyone of them deserve to be loved and deserve a second chance in life. Sometime is hard to love, especially in this college..haha. If you read my blog before this one you'll see.. haa.. but i choose to love them even more everytime i'm hurt by them. Cause i know they're gonna be awesome and greatly use by God one day. No matter how hard are they to deal with, i believe in loving them is all that i can do. Love is a strong word you know...and i'm saying it and taking up the responsibility. This is all for God.

Yesterday is the first day of our new semester, and normally we'll have Assembly. The management wants me to give a speech as the president of students council in my college. Well i didnt actually get ready for it. I do not know what i'm gonna say and what God wants me to say. I was still thinking real much bout the responsibility i'm gonna get when reality hits! haha. Well a night before that, i didnt sleep. I spend my time pray and pray and pray. I was really crying out to God. I really need to cry that time. So who else do i turn to if it's not God. So i did. I told him everything and seriously get myself that close to Him to just feel His present right beside of me. Like how a child needed and father, and there He is for me. Worshipping and crying all out.. and more crying...ya i cry alot..really...alot.. I start to pray for my college. I know it is God's heart desire to see the college change, and His heart desire became mine.

I begin to ask God what shall we do, how should i glorify His name even in all this that im facing. I even pray for my speech, is a just simple speech that im suppose to give but i really pray that this speech that i give won't just be another speech that they listen and thats it. I ask for words from God. Cause i wanna mean what i say, not just bluff some stuff out of my mouth.. but to really give them all that i will say. Things that i'm gonna share is true, things that i'm gonna say is a assurance to them. At that point, i'm ready for everything that is coming up. So i gave my speech, sharing alil bout myself being in SiA and being a president. After that is all the promises that i guarantee the students and the parents, that is we will stand for the students right.. and more. Well every word is a responsibility. Right before my speech the devil been trying hard to mess up my mind, by telling me that every word that i'm gonna give is a responsibility. And i told the devil to shut up cause i'm ready to take up that responsibility.

So a speech i gave, more responsibility i take. Well i'm glad that i actually did what is right. My row of who i am today is never for myself. It is never about me. It is for the students and most important is for God. I'm now every ready to take up whatever responsibility i'm gonna get for this time. Why? Cause i know that God's gonna go before me. He's gonna give me things that i can handle, the most important thing is that He's gonna be beside me and i know that. I'm myself no more, God is taking control of it. All i wanna do now is to bless others and love them with all that i can. Longing for a good life? This is how mine spells. But now i'm officially sick! haha but YET i'm gonna press forward and glorify His Name!


God is good all the time.

0 comments: