Look around

Author: Theresa /

Look at yourself. Look at things around you. Still not enough? Complain?

I think if you’re reading this, you’re blessed. But, what about them?

Just awhile ago when I was in the superstore, the counter beside where I was, there was a young married couple. They were just going to pay for what they’ve brought. Husband walk towards the counter with a pack of cookie hoping to buy one. Wife hold up the money on her hand which is only RM20, just enough for what they need for a period of time, immediately her husband put back that pack of cookie and go back to his wife with a sad yet it’s ok face on him. After having the cashier counting all the item, she realize there is enough to get one pack of the cookie, she turn to the husband and tell him to get one, husband replied, “it’s ok.” As she moved forward, I realize, she is pregnant. I looked at the husband’s hand, realize that’s not a car key. I wonder. I look around her again I realize there’s a boy beside them (which I’m not sure if it’s the brother or their son) with a motorcycle helmet on his hand. When they walk out from the superstore, husband put his hand on her back and support her. I prayed.

This couple, with not much that they have, can’t even afford an extra pack of biscuit and expecting a baby to come. Ride a motorcycle with a boy and a woman which is also pregnant. This man, yes he felt sad but he understand and he choose to support the family and wife with that extra money instead of using it for his desire for that pack of cookie. He choose to.

I do not know about you, but I, I do complain now and then. This scene just reminded me of how silly I am to complain when I am so blessed. How selfish am I when all I think about is me. I was thinking. What about these people? Where does hope comes from? I have hope in God, great family, great surrounding, but, how about them? God reminds me once again to think about others and be thankful. Please, don’t think “ What did happen?” The question is “ What will happen!?” Who are you to judge? You have no right. There’s nothing that I can do to help them, but just pray. I believe prayer is powerful.

I want to be a blessing to others no matter where I am. I am already really blessed. There’s more than enough. I choose to be a blessing towards people around me not matter I know them well or not. No matter we have met before or just met. It’s not about me at all.

How about you? Maybe it’s time to look around. Be thankful.

1 comments:

Samku said...

wow. indeed we are truly blessed. we are rich.